Friday, September 4, 2009

Preparations

Preparing for my departure to Vanuatu is very similar in a way to my first trip off to college. What do I take, what do I not take? I am trying not to buy a lot of things, but the temptation is certainly there to just go all out and buy that radio with a solar charger that also powers laptops and connects it to the internet through radio waves. It does not help that I do not have an exact idea of conditions where I am going.

There are packing lists online of course, but its difficult to know what to pay attention to and what to disregard. Will I really need a paring knife? Or will its absence make my first couple of weeks absolute hell? Do I really need a waterproof duffel bag? I'm sure it will be convenient if I am caught out in the rain, but should I spend the extra dollars? I'm thinking I could be like MacGuyver and take some plastic sheets and attach them to a duffel bag and shazam! waterproof duffel bag ala Josh Inc.

Anyways, I am going to go get some things today, hopefully they will be on sale because of the labor day weekend. Fingers crossed.

By the way, this blogging thing is actually kinda cool.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know you, but I just came accross your blog and I'll tell you this. Humidity destroys. Clothes become moldy, electronics, die, etc. If i water proof suitcase or anything else can protect your commodities, then go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol okay macgyver :D i miss u, i'm also subscribing to ur posts so they'll come straight to my email, so write away! - gina

    ReplyDelete