Thursday, September 10, 2009

California Love

Now let me welcome everybody to the wild wild west, a place that's untouchable like Elliot Ness....2Pac ft. Dr. Dre.

I'm in California right now, and it is nice. The Peace Corps put us up in a Sheraton hotel which is pretty cool. Pool, Fitness Center and all the amenities you can think of. I have met some people in my current group and they are pretty cool. We had some nice discussions by the poolside. The peace corps does have a wide range of people apply. I met someone who was a sheep farmer in Vermont which is pretty cool. I have also met a couple of people who have completed their masters and people who like me just finished their bachelors.

So far, everybody seems nice. Today seems kinda like my first night in college. In college that first night, there was a large group of people outside the freshmen dorms just hanging out just getting to know each other, which is similar to what went on tonight.

As of now, it does not seem like I am committing two years of my life to the peace corps, it feels like I am going on a vacation or something similar. At times it hits me that two years is a really long time. For example, my sister will be finishing up her first semester in high school when I get back and I'm like wow!!! This little girl is going to be in high school when I get back? Thats crazy!!!  I talked to some people today about this and they feel the same way about this that I do, it still doesn't feel real to them.

We have orientation tomorrow and then we fly out. I will try to get another post in tomorrow before we leave.  until then, this is my stream of thought.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, in that 2 years I would have completed my residency and hopefully (by God's grace) have a little one running around. Miss you much cuz. Seun

    ReplyDelete